There are times where I think about my first childhood home. It was a great house. Largely because of the space. A massive loft, cellar and kitchen as well as a through lounge, in “proper” East London – Forest Gate to be exact. All this despite it being a terraced house. My parents decided we should move when I was nine years old because they didn’t rate the secondary schools in the area and wanted better schooling for me – many parents have similar challenges in life! To this day I always say “if only you could pick up your house and move it to your ideal area”. The same could be applied to restaurants in some cases.
Foodie Claire... I am not quite sure when I became so obsessed with food but at some point I started to appreciate the quality of a good cooked meal.
My roots are Caribbean but I am working up to gratuitous attractive Caribbean food that so many restaurants are lacking.
This blog encompasses the food I cook and the places I eat. My favourite cuisine is Italian. A year or so ago I would have been fairly confident that you wouldn't find me eating Japanese or Mexican. As you can see from my posts I'm conquering Mexican (little by little). I am a fan now of sushi and sashimi and am enjoying the amazing Japanese supermarkets in Soho.
I hate risotto and think it's pointless. Prove me wrong and tell me where I can find a nice one.
what my readers say…
|FoodieClaire on Award Winning Louis Delaunay C…|
|Sheena Vernon on Award Winning Louis Delaunay C…|
|Natasha Wickers on Rucoletta Italian Restaurant |…|
|FoodieClaire on Lamb’s Devilled Kidneys…|
|SFD on The Wharf Restaurant, South Ba…|
- @Ask_DP I'm not sure exactly what you're going to look into? My complaint needs to be directed to your CRM/email team... 5 days ago
- Retailers still lacking USEFUL info for consumers. Email from @Dorothy_Perkins re order arriving instore. NO deets on opening hrs. Pointless 6 days ago
- Quote from father "I'm not a life taker, I'm a baby maker." priceless as well as disgusting which I'm sure we all p… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- @PennyGolightly Ha ha! :) 1 week ago
Blogs I Follow
- NutriBullet Blog
- Hair Valley
- Steve Says...
- Repeating Islands
- A Thrifty Mrs
- The Very Hungry Londoner
- London BYO/Corkage Restaurant List
- She Hearts The High Street
- Little Bliss Book
- Unofficial Guide to the London Underground
- Life is Short. Eat hard!
- Somewhere Beyond the Sea
- Foodie Claire
- the boy who ate the world
- The London Review of Sandwiches
- Ang Sarap (A Tagalog word for "It's Delicious")
- en quête de saveur
- London Living