Feeling quite sorry for myself today. Have picked up a cold in the last few days (overworking and project focussing). No amount of Ibuprofen and Berocca is going to get rid of this it seems. It probably didn’t help that I’ve pretty much spent every night in the last week out and about apart from Thursday when I had a telephone marathon, catching up with two of my friends and then a three way conference call with two of my besties, brandy, gin and wine (I didn’t drink all three – it was our virtual party).
Anyway apart from visiting the post office and bakery to get a nice loaf of crusty bread, I’m staying put on the sofa. Currently looking very ASBO with the OH’s hoodie on and sniffing.
I bought myself some kippers whilst I was out and made myself a nice brunch of Baked Kippers and Eggs with Soldiers. It was TASTY. I’m going to make it again tomorrow.
- First, microwave the kippers (too sick to boil in bag). Don’t forget to cover the kippers as they tend to pop and explode in the microwave. Once you’ve cooked them, roughly flake them with a fork and remove the skin/visible bones – a few bones will not harm you but if you are a pansy then maybe this isn’t for you…
- Butter two ramekins and divide the kippers between them.
- Add a dollop of crème fraîche and black pepper and kind of make a well which your egg will sit nicely in.
- Crack an egg in each ramekin.
- Put on a baking tray and cook for about 15 minutes. Usually I would have surrounded the ramekins with water as it helps to cook but I really can’t be ar$ed to do this as I’m very weary.
- About 2 mins before they are cooked, make your toast, butter and cut into soldiers. Don’t forget your cup of Earl Grey tea.
- You’ll know the eggs are done when the whites are err… white, cooked but with a slight wobble – you don’t want your yolk set.
- Take out, and eat with toast and tea. Yum.
Feeling a bit better now…